Employment can provide a sense of accomplishment and is critical to living drug and alcohol free long-term. When in recovery you want to surround yourself with a positive, healthy, and productive environment. The best workplace for those in recovery provides a routine to follow and room for future growth and advancement. Utah is home to many businesses in a range of industries that provide that and more. Here are 15 of the best places to work in Utah.
- Winder Farms in West Valley City has been committed to improving the lives of Utahns by delivering farm fresh food since 1880. The company is centered around being community-minded and making lives healthier. They have several jobs available on the farm and the business side of operations.
- Sorrel River Ranch is a place for people who have an adventurous spirit and a passion for pleasing others. Employment opportunities here span from hiking guide, organic farming, food & beverage, to resort operations staff. The Moab resort is set in a quiet, serene, and scenic backdrop and will be a place you look forward to going to work to everyday.
- O.C. Tanner believes in helping companies recognize the great work their employees are doing and believes that celebrating outstanding work inspires people to be greater. The company’s Salt Lake City location has employment opportunities in labor and office positions and provides a rewarding opportunity to celebrate success as a part of your day to day.
- Best Friends Animal Society is on a mission to see a world where there are no more homeless pets. The no-kill animal society in Kanab has positions available for animal caregivers, sanctuary operations, and upkeep. Can you image a more rewarding career than providing love and care to animals in need?
- Building Beginnings in Provo is an organization that is dedicated to providing jobs, training, housing, transportation, and work for people in recovery. The company has made a commitment to help anyone that comes to them find training and employment. One interesting project they have going on right now involves a partnership with various Utah cities to clean up graffiti.
- Centered City Yoga in Salt Lake City is a place where teachers and students can enjoy the healing powers of yoga, “discover a practice they love and cultivate a path to peace and presence.” The company offers various levels of yoga teacher training and employment assistance after that.
- Part of the environment at Wasatch involves experiential therapy and physical activity, and it’s no secret that we think this is an important part of recovery. Mine Bouldering Gym in Park City is an indoor rock climbing facility that also offers yoga, fitness, and youth programs. The company has availability for trainers within these roles as well as facility operations.
- Creative Times Industries in Ogden is a design-build, performance-based construction firm. The company offers electrician apprenticeships to train and educate newcomers to the industry and prepare them for a fulfilling career in construction.
- Wasatch incorporates experiential therapy into its program, one of those activities is a ropes course. CLAS Ropes Course in Provo claims its mission is to improve individual skills and group collaboration through experiential challenges. New hires are given all the training needed, and are taught the activities they offer so you can do them with the ropes course participants.
- BackCountry is an outdoor gear and clothing company with locations around Utah for employees with a variety of skill levels and expertise. When you can’t be enjoying the outdoors in Utah, you enjoy your job helping others get outside.
- Deer Valley Resort in Park City offers some of the best employment in Utah for a wide range of education and skill levels. The resort has open positions in the areas of food, restaurant, operations, administration, hospitality, and more.
- Reagan Outdoor has been in Salt Lake City since 1965 and they aren’t leaving anytime soon. The company works with other brands to get their message to the right audience. Open positions include in construction crew and administration roles.
- Elevated Mountain Guides is a non-profit based out of Orem. The group is made up of a community of educators, guides, and outdoor enthusiasts and includes volunteer outdoor enthusiasts devoted to experiential outdoor education.
- Utah Food Services was named one of the best places to work in Utah by The Sale Lake Tribune. The locally-owned catering company has pledged to deliver elegance and quality and has been doing so for over 30 years. Their outreach program provides employment opportunities for individuals in recovery programs.
- Vista Outdoor is a company with a mission to bring the world outside. It’s doing that with the support of its operations staff including employees in the warehouse, assembly, customer service, maintenance, and administration positions. If you love the outdoors and want to help people enjoy it, Vista Outdoor is one of the best companies to work for.
Whether you are passionate about the outdoors, taking care of people, or working with your hands, Utah has an abundance of amazing companies to work for that will complement your recovery journey.
Disclaimer: Wasatch Crest is not affiliated with these companies in any way. These companies simply represent some of the great opportunities Utah has to offer to those seeking employment after recovery. Each company’s hiring availability is subject to change. Please check their respective websites for updates