We Are One of Utah's Premier Alcohol Rehab Centers
Alcohol Rehab Center in Utah
When alcohol addiction controls your life and the lives of those that love you, it’s time to get help. Here at Wasatch Crest, we can help you detox safely and overcome your addiction to the point that you can return to your life as quickly as possible. We know everything in your life suffers when alcohol controls you, and our alcohol rehab program can help.
Our dual diagnosis approach to treatment ensures that any underlying mental health conditions are diagnosed and assessed as part of your treatment program. We believe in treating the cause of the issue rather than just the issue itself to ensure that you can live a life free from the substance that rules you.
Watch: Problem Drinking vs. Alcoholism
When is alcohol a problem?
You may find that your drinking has gone from being a social event to something you need to cope, or that your body has developed a tolerance for alcohol. If legal problems are headed your way, you must drink in order to feel normal, or you feel ill when you don’t drink, you may be in need of an alcohol rehab center.
We help you set limits so that you can live a successful life without the crutch of a substance that is harmful to your body, your relationships, and your mind. We will help you remove the bonds of addiction so that you are free to live the life you were intended to have.
If you fear that you may have a problem with alcohol, or that someone you love uses alcohol to cope, give us a call to speak to a qualified professional that can answer your questions.
About Our Alcohol Rehab Center in Utah
Our Alcohol Rehab Center is a Confidential, Safe Place to Recover
We know that you come to an alcohol treatment center with a different set of issues than the other patients with us. That’s why we customize a treatment plan that is most likely to work for you. We combine any elements of the following to increase your chances of overcoming your addiction.
- Recreation therapy
- Experiential therapy
- Cognitive therapy
- Dual diagnosis
- Intensive outpatient programs
- 30, 60 and 90-day inpatient programs
Regardless of how out of control your life feels, we will give you hope for a brighter future, for yourself and for those you love. Our goal is to restore your body, your mind and your spirit with addiction recovery tools and treatments that really work.
Our staff is made up of compassionate individuals that understand the beast that is addiction. We respect your privacy and need for confidentiality even as we probe the areas of your life that must be changed. We are invested in your future, and we are here with you every step of the way.
We provide a safe place for you to detox before treatment starts. Detox can be a dangerous, harmful process if not handled correctly, and we have an experienced, qualified team that knows how to keep you safe and whole while the alcohol leaves your system.
Let Us Help You
We are here to help you overcome any mental health conditions or substance abuse problems that are restricting your happiness. Call Wasatch Crest today at (800) 385-3507 to learn more about our alcohol and drug programs. If it is easier for you, you can also fill out one of our online contact forms and we will reach out to you as soon as possible.
Alcohol Rehab FAQ’s
Alcoholism is an addiction to alcohol, and it may involve a mental illness and compulsive behavior due to dependency on alcohol. Many people do not see alcohol consumption as a problem, and it may not be dangerous to all individuals when consumed responsibly in moderation. However, alcoholism is a disease that can lead to severe health problems, legal problems, relationship difficulties, employment problems, and financial troubles. When a person struggles with alcoholism, they may be unable to limit the amount of alcohol they drink, develop a tolerance to alcohol (so more is needed to feel the same effects), feel a strong compulsion to drink, or experience physical withdrawal symptoms when they do not drink.
Detox is short for detoxification, which is the process of letting the body remove the drugs or alcohol in it. The purpose of detox is to safely manage withdrawal symptoms when a person stops taking drugs or stops drinking. The detox period is the time that the body is allowed to process or metabolize any drugs and alcohol in the system and, in doing so, clears their toxic influence.
Detoxification can be broken down into three stages, according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
- Evaluation. This step will assess:
- The presence of alcohol or drugs through urine, breath, or blood testing.
- The person’s current mental health state.
- Any existing medical issues.
- The most appropriate strategy.
- Stabilization. This step is the majority of treatment. It will begin with acclimating the person to the detox process as well as providing medical and/or psychological services to treat symptoms if required.
- Build willingness for further treatment. Detox alone does not constitute thorough addiction treatment. As withdrawal symptoms resolve throughout the detoxification period, staff will typically begin promoting further treatment to increase the chances of sustained recovery following the completion of detox.
We offer rehab treatment for alcoholism in Utah, to help you or a loved one overcome the addiction to alcohol. Through treatment, we help you become free from the bonds of addiction, so you can live life to the fullest again. At Wasatch Crest, we focus on individual treatment that is tailored to your specific needs. In our beautiful location in the mountains of Utah, you can find the peace and serenity you need to move on with your life and conquer alcohol addiction.
You or a loved one may need treatment for alcoholism if:
- You have developed drinking rituals and become annoyed when this habit is questioned or interrupted
- You often drink alone or in hiding
- You become intentionally drunk to feel “good” or “normal”
- You experience nausea, shaking, sweating, and other signs of physical withdrawal when you do not drink
- You feel a need to drink more alcohol than you used to in order to achieve the same effects
- You have lost interest in hobbies and activities you used to enjoy
- You have experienced legal problems or problems in relationships because of drinking
- You keep alcohol in hidden or unlikely places at home, at work, or in your car
We encourage you to contact our friendly team today to learn more about how we can help you or your loved one overcome alcoholism and lead a healthier, happier life.
People often assume the words rehab or treatment and recovery are interchangeable, that they mean the same thing. They actually are completely different. Inpatient rehab allows for round-the-clock care and personalized support from medical staff. Inpatient rehab is the best choice for anyone who wants to focus completely on recovery without the stress or distractions of work, school, or social obligations. Inpatient rehab, such as what we offer at Wasatch Crest Treatment, allows for full immersion in the recovery process and maybe a good choice for people who have tried other treatments unsuccessfully.
Recovery is the phase that occurs after the person has completed his or her treatment. Recovery may include peer support groups, addiction recovery workshops, Alcoholics Anonymous, or other similar support groups. These groups help the recovering addict stay on the right path. Recovery involves groups and individuals who provide ongoing support and act as a useful resource for issues that may occur after treatment. The resources in recovery are there to help the recovering addict avoid relapse.
Yes, we accept both private pay and many insurance carriers. We are in-network with Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, EMI Health, First Health Network, MHN, Molina Healthcare, Multiplan, SelectHealth, Tricare, University of Utah Health Plans, and WISE Provider Networks. We are also skilled at working with out-of-network providers.
Wasatch Crest Treatment is a facility and a staff without peer. Here are some of the reasons people choose us for the alcohol rehab treatment:
- Our mountainside campus — Wasatch Crest is located on over seven acres in Heber City, Utah. Our historic western-style estate offers crisp alpine air, majestic views of the Wasatch Mountains, serene fields, and miles of trails. It’s the ideal setting to make the changes you need in your life.
- Compassionate team — We know this isn’t a walk in the park. It takes courage and there is a certain feeling of vulnerability to take this step toward healing. We get that. Our approach is one of compassion, treating clients and their families with dignity as we guide you through your recovery process.
- Dual diagnosis approach — We know addiction isn’t a stand-alone issue: it typically occurs with mental health issues. Each tends to compound each other in a vicious cycle. We treat the cause of addiction, not just the addiction itself. We combine traditional talk therapy with mindfulness practices, helping you to acknowledge your thoughts and feelings in a completely non-judgmental way.
- Elevated adventure therapy — Our setting enables us to utilize true adventure therapy. From hiking the hundreds of miles of nearby trails to paddleboarding on nearby reservoirs, from mountain biking to winter sports, our weekly recreation therapy outings will challenge and inspire you.
- Non-denominational spiritual experiences — We expose you to meditation, yoga, art and music therapy, Native American spirituality, our Lakota Sweat Lodge, and 12-step meetings, allowing you to discover your unique personal path to healing.
It can seem daunting if you’ve never been in an alcohol rehab program such as Wasatch Crest. We advise incoming clients to carefully consider what they bring to Wasatch Crest. The goal is to be able to leave your everyday stresses and distractions behind.
- Clothing — We encourage comfortable, modest attire. You’ll want to bring apparel appropriate to Utah’s warm summers and cool winters. Pajamas are a must, as dormitory rooms are shared.
- Toiletries — Bring adequate supplies of your normally used products. If they have alcohol in them, we lock them up with medications.
- Optional items — Journals, notebooks, or diaries are strongly recommended. You can bring MP3 players, but the music needs to be pre-loaded and not require wi-fi. Cigarettes or e-cigarettes are OK. Appropriate books and reading materials are welcome.
- Medications — Medications need to be in their original packaging. Prescriptions must have their original label. If possible, bring a copy of the doctor’s original prescription.
- Money — Modest amounts of cash or credit cards are good to pay for personal items. Park City Pharmacy can keep credit card information on file to pay for medications or co-pays.
- Documents — Bring identification such as a driver’s license and social security card. Provide insurance cards or payment information. Details concerning any upcoming court dates or open charges. Contact information for probation officers, caseworkers, or others who require evidence of treatment.
- Prohibited items — No alcohol, drugs, or drug paraphernalia. No cameras or electronics that require wi-fi. Cellphones are locked up upon arrival. No sexual items. All items, rooms, and persons are subject to search at any time.