Choose Your Own Adventure
Through Experiential Therapy
At Wasatch Crest, clients are able to live in a non-threatening environment while trying to work out a variety of challenges that are representative of the problems they face in early recovery and regular life.
The non-threatening environment is key – this allows them to drop their guard and show their true colors – both strengths and weaknesses – which are normally hidden in other therapeutic settings.
In talk therapy/process groups, clients can choose what they disclose and what their level of involvement is, but in experiential therapy, every action is dissected and discussed during and after the task.
The biggest success of experiential therapy is when a client together with his/her peers accomplishes something that at times seemed impossible – self-efficacy is achieved, and they learn that they can indeed to hard things.
Monthly Recreational and Experiential Therapy Schedule includes:
- Yoga and Meditation every Tuesday – Friday morning
- Experiential Recreation Therapy every Tuesday
- Outings (as mentioned above by season) every Wednesday and Saturday afternoons
- Service projects every Saturday morning, ranging from deep cleaning the house to volunteering with Habitat for Humanity or Paws for Life pet adoption events
- Spirituality groups on Mondays for 3 weeks, finishing off with a sweat lodge on the Friday after the 3rd group.
- Clients also attend the gym almost every day and play volleyball on Fridays, sometimes against other local rehabs
- A local overnight campout once a month for qualifying inpatient clients
- Music group Tuesdays
- Art group on Mondays
- Goals and Meditation group on Mondays…
See What Our Clients Are Saying!
"This rehab saved my life. I would recommend Wasatch Crest to anyone who is struggling or even dying from addiction. I was and I am a completely different woman now. After not seeing my lugs for 2 1/2 years I got to see them again. I have a relationship with my family and most of all I love myself again. The woman in the mirror is no longer a stranger she is my best friend. I believe with the right help God and a desire to change anyone can overcome addiction and become whole again. Please is you know someone whose life is damaged from addiction call Wasatch Crest and get them the help they need.... this place was willing to go to any length for me when I was a client. I was introduced back into society with a love for life, myself, the outdoors and many other things. I found myself while there and continue to grow everyday! Thank you Wasatch Crest staff for helping save my life!" - Kimberly B.
Create Your Own Adventure Schedule