In celebration of Valentine’s Day, we’re excited to share a cooking tutorial with Mirza, head chef at Wasatch Crest. Below, you’ll find a recipe for a romantic surf and turf dinner for two. You can also watch Mirza’s video tutorial for the meal here.
Filet mignon (2)
Lobster tail (2)
Asparagus (4-6 stalks)
Clarified butter (1-2 sticks)
*Makes dinner for two.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Prepare the lobster tails by slicing them down the middle, but avoid cutting through the bottom shell. Pull the meat from the shell, but leave the meat attached to the tail. Lay the meat over the outside of the shell. Sprinkle the lobster meat with lemon pepper and cajun spice. Place the tails on a baking sheet.
- Add a few tablespoons of oil to a heated skillet. Sprinkle salt on both sides of the filets. Sear each side of the filets for 15 seconds. Then place them to the baking sheet next to the lobster tails.
- Bake the lobster tails and filets for ten minutes in the oven.
- Blanch the carrots and asparagus by soaking them in boiling water for one to two minutes. Remove the veggies from the water and sprinkle them with salt.
- Serve the meal with melted clarified butter for dipping. Bon appetite!
HEALING SUBSTANCE USE DISORDER TREATMENT AT WASATCH CREST
At Wasatch Crest, we believe that healing can occur through a variety of experiences, including culinary ones. Head Chef Mirza Miljkovic curates a rotating menu of healthy, hearty meals to nourish our clients as they recover from substance use disorder. Reach out to learn more about our substance use disorder treatment programs in the Wasatch Mountains.
More About Mirza
Head Chef, Mirza Miljkovic, brightens the treatment experience at Wasatch Crest with his worldly cuisine and gregarious nature. Mirza learned to cook over twenty years ago in Bosnia and Herzegovina, where he is originally from. He’s spent the last twenty years in Utah, where he spends his free time fishing, hiking, and hunting. Mirza keeps a rotating menu at Wasatch Crest, so clients rarely eat the same dish twice. His signature paella is renowned among Wasatch Crest staff, clients, and alumni. Mirza enjoys being surrounded by the mountain landscape and working with the caring and friendly team at Wasatch Crest.