Everyone has days when they just feel off, and everyone goes through periods where they just feel down. If you just can’t seem to get yourself out of feeling blue, you may be wondering if it will pass soon or if the time has come to get help. Here are some signs that it may be a mental illness and not just a passing phase – and that the time has come to reach out for help.
You may need help if:
- Even the most simple things seem insurmountable. If you are depressed, even getting out of bed or doing some simple household chores can seem overwhelming.
- You start to avoid friends. Even introverts enjoy going out on the town and hanging out with friends from time to time, but even this can seem like too much, or not worth the effort, if you are struggling.
- You worry all the time. Everyone worries, some people more than others. However, if you just can’t stop worrying and always feel like something awful is about to happen, it may be a sign of a panic or anxiety disorder.
- You feel sad all the time. Again, this is an emotion that we all feel from time to time. However, if you feel sad every day and you just can’t find joy in anything anymore, even things you used to love, it may be a sign of depression.
- You try to find happiness in unhealthy ways, such as drinking too much.
- You can’t remember the last time you felt happiness, and you just assume this is how life was meant to be lived. Does it surprise you that you don’t have to live this way? If so, it may be time to get help!
You deserve to be happy, and it is possible. Many people don’t realize that being happy can take work sometimes. If you just can’t seem to find happiness no matter what you do, you may have depression or some other mental illness, and it may be time to get help. You don’t have to go through this alone — call Wasatch Crest Treatment in Heber, Utah, at (800) 385-3507.