Why Utah is the Best Place for Recovery
Making the decision to go to rehab can feel daunting, especially with the number of treatment center options out there. Instead of seeing the plethora of centers available to you as overwhelming, use the options to your advantage to find the perfect fit for you. You should always choose your treatment center based on your own interests, needs, and inspirations. If you are someone drawn to nature, a slower pace of life, the outdoors, a friendly community, or adventure, Utah may be one location to consider for treatment. Residential rehab in Utah can provide a unique and beautiful recovery experience at over 5,700 ft. elevation—connecting you with nature and allowing you to leverage the open air as a tool for recovery.
Utah can be a moment away from the busy schedules and environments of everyday life. According to Resources to Recover, “The beauty and serenity of nature create a sense of peace that you usually won’t be able to find in busy urban environments. Thus, spending time in nature is one of the most effective ways to reduce everyday stress and mental fatigue.” It is important to keep stress levels as low as possible when going through the recovery process. Feeling at peace is critical to reap the full benefits of treatment.
Having access to nature and outdoor activities can vastly enhance your mental health. The National Center for Biotechnology conducted a survey that was interested in understanding the role that nature can play in patients recovering from severe stress and/or depression. The study was conducted in a rehabilitation garden and the results showed a lower consumption of healthcare (primary care visits, psychiatric care) for those involved in the nature-based residential rehab. While lowering the consumption of healthcare is vastly different than the challenges presented during rehabilitation, it shows the true impact that the outdoors has on a healthy mental state, which is a critical part of the recovery process.
Benefits of Wasatch Crest Rehab in Utah:
- Access to over 8 acres of open-air space nestled between beautiful mountain ranges
- Immediate access to hiking or running trails
- Quick access to Provo River for fly fishing, rafting, or kayaking
- Nearby ski resorts with ideal conditions: Park City Mountain, Sundance, and Soldier Hollow
- Nearby notable landmarks: Lone Peak, Twin Peaks, Mt. Olympus, and Bridal Veil Falls
- Nestled between the small farm county of Heber (population: 13,000) and resort town of Midway
- Nearby Jordanelle State Park & Reservoir and Deer Creek Dam & Reservoir
- Natural, spacious surroundings allow for a slower pace of life disconnected from everyday stressors
- Convenience of a central location in the Country and close proximity to international airport
If residential rehab in Utah sounds like something that could help you find tranquility within yourself, consider learning more about Wasatch Crest. Wasatch Crest is a drug and alcohol treatment center surrounded by breathtaking scenery like lakes, historic cities, mountain ranges, and tons of outdoor adventure options.
Wasatch Crest rehab in Utah may be the right choice for you if you are looking to recover with the help of beautiful surroundings, adventure, and outdoor activities.