Outpatient addiction treatment offers therapeutic care on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis while allowing individuals to remain at home and carry out normal living. Sometimes, however, individuals may attend outpatient levels of care while also participating in transitional living programs, which offer accommodations and support to those rebuilding their lives in recovery.
Outpatient addiction treatment may refer to:
- Partial hospitalization programs: Typically offering treatment four to six hours a day, five days a week.
- Intensive outpatient programs: Generally involving therapeutic sessions lasting two to three hours, three to five days a week.
- Outpatient therapy: Usually composed of weekly or monthly individual therapy sessions with mental health professionals specializing in addiction treatment.
WHO IS OUTPATIENT ADDICTION TREATMENT FOR?
Outpatient addiction treatment can be helpful for individuals whose struggle with alcohol or substance abuse isn’t severe enough to require residential addiction treatment. Outpatient addiction treatment can also be beneficial for those who have finished a residential treatment program and desire to continue receiving clinical support.
WHY IS OUTPATIENT ADDICTION TREATMENT EFFECTIVE?
During outpatient addiction treatment, individuals can expect to:
- Receive psychoeducation: Clients often learn more about addiction and mental health during outpatient programs, so as to gain a fuller understanding of their own circumstances.
- Obtain guidance for rebuilding their lives: Clinicians collaborate with clients to develop a treatment plan with goals to help them continue progressing and creating meaningful lives in sobriety.
- Hone their coping skills: Therapists help clients develop and implement their coping skills so they can process their emotions and respond to temptations to use substances in healthy ways.
- Have access to family and couples therapy: Mental health professionals often offer family and couples therapy sessions for individuals and their loved ones to process the past and adjust to the recovery lifestyle.
VIRTUAL AND EVENING OUTPATIENT ADDICTION TREATMENT AT WASATCH CREST
Wasatch Crest offers a continuum of care to help individuals embrace recovery while supported by caring clinicians. Our addiction treatment programs span residential treatment, transitional living, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient with virtual and evening attendance options. Staffed by caring clinicians and staff, many of whom are in long-term recovery themselves, and located in Utah’s Wasatch Mountain Range, our addiction treatment programs offer a healing alpine retreat for individuals to recalibrate and recover. To learn more about our addiction treatment services, reach out.