The opioid overdose crisis is serious, widespread, and tragic. According to the CDC:
- From 1999 to 2019, there were almost 500,000 opioid overdose deaths.
- Over 70% of drug overdose deaths in 2019 involved an opioid.
- Opioid-involved death rates increased by over 6% between 2018 and 2019.
- Synthetic opioid-involved death rates increased by over 15%.
Wasatch Crest’s Executive Director Rich McDonald, CMHC and Primary Therapist Kevin Kirschenmann, LCSW explore the implications of the opioid overdose crisis.
- Rising rates of opioid use, including fentanyl
- The increase in opioid overdose and deaths
- The availability of naloxone, an overdose reversal medication
- Preventing death from opioid overdose
Watch: The Opioid Overdose Crisis
Treatment and Support for Opioid Addiction
Wasatch Crest offers individualized addiction treatment rooted in compassion. Reach out to learn more about our inpatient and outpatient programs.